About Me

My photo
A girl with a big ambition :)

Monday, January 31, 2011

What High School Really Means

So this is my new note. I had this idea since last week, and thanks to Diana who some sort of giving me the idea. Haha. So anyway, back to the main topic.

What does high school really means to you? Is it just a place to learn new things like science or arts or mathematics or music? Or is it a place for you to own your popularity? Or is it just a place for fun? The answers depend on you. I mean, i have different perspective about high school.

What high school really means to me is a pathway to the real world. I learned so many things during high school. I admit, i didn’t realize it until i was out of high school. High school is not just a place of facts, it’s also for education that we never thought of. For example, from what i realized and what i experienced high school taught me about love. There are so many things about love. I learned how to love myself and others. In school, i met so many people and i should call them as friends. I love my friends even though if they have different religions or races. But i love them for who they are. Love? I learned how to appreciate and love my teachers. They taught me for more than 5 years and i would definitely remember them forever because without them i could not be myself like who i am today. I love my family too, because if there is ‘family’ in this world, there would not be us today. my family had done so many things to make me success in my education, like encouragement, financial supports and other.

Trough high school too, i learned how to be ‘in love’. I know, some of you might said, “you’re still young, why bother with love?” or “love in high school is meaningless” or even “you shouldn’t be in love, get your head on the books!” yadayadayada. But, to me, if we never fall in love in high school, then we will never know what real love is. I mean, let’s think, so of you said true love will come to you when you become adults. But, if we never experience love in high school, how can we know if the love that we experience during adult is true or fake? Right? I know, you might say that i wrote this because i am in love right now. Yes, i do admit it (sorry teachers. Huhu) that i am in love right now with the best guy i ever met. We don’t know what will our future be, but for now, i love him. And it is all thanks to high school for teaching me about love.

High school is not just about facts or love, it is also about how can we know and accept someone in our life. Friendship is what i am talking about. On the very first day of high school, i was nervous. I kept on thinking, “what will they think of me?” “will they like me?” “can i survive in high school” etc. Once i stepped into my new class, i know, something good will happen. I know, at first i was shy, but later i can coop with the new environment. I made so many friends and most of them are still my friends. But sometimes, unexpected things do occurs, right? We learned how to be strong when we are being betrayed by people who we loved. I know and i experienced the feeling of being betrayed. It hurt so much. If we want to have friends in our life, we should accept them for who they are. But sometimes, they tend to be a fake and make things up to make them ‘fit’ in the world that they want, but seriously, it is not worth it. It is just going to make them as a joke if their ‘cover’ is gone. So what i learned is, make friends with people does not matter what race or religion they are. And if you think you have found your true friends, keep them, be honest to them, never hurt their feeling, and sometimes we need to sacrifice for them. I love my friends!

High school also teaches us how to live our life. Laughter, joys, cries, adventures, crisis, all of that, we have to gone trough them. It is so unforgettable how we were able to laugh together even though if the teachers were still teaching. The memory will not fade when the teachers were together being happy with our good achievements. Even more unforgettable when how we were so happy making parties during recess, or spending time together talking about how their day was, or sharing some thoughts together, playing games on the end of the years, do charitable works. Fun! It is all i can say when we were back there, in high school. But sometimes, we will be sad when our friends were sad. As if we were actually experienced what were they experienced. Bad break-ups, girlfriends cheating on boyfriends vice versa, lies spreading, failed in exam, crisis between friends, ohh, and so many awful things, but that is what we called life. Sometimes it is wonderful and sometimes it is not.

We know people through life in high school. They have their own categories. First, the smart ones; they were well respected in school because of their good achievements. But even though they were smart, they never look down on others, instead they help each other, always being there if they were needed. That is why i respect them. Second, the cool ones; they were cool indeed. There were two aspects or group about being cool. The first group was the ones who were cool as in they never had a problem to get-a-long with other people. The second one was those who have cool stuffs like incredible gadgets or clothes or anything, it is kinda cool. Third, the average ones; the average ones were okay. i mean, they had no problem with their educations or school life. Fourth, the popular ones; they were well known with their looks(some of them only, hee, sorry :P), some of them were popular because of their characters(easygoing, friendly or just because he/she’s a legend), some of them were well known with their family’s name(pangkat or whatsoever), some of them were popular because of good achievements in sports or academics. Fifth, the wannabes; they thought that they could be in the pop’s group so they did something to get attention, but as time goes by, they disappeared, poofftt! Oh, not to mentioned, the sixth group, the ‘good’ ones; fights, ‘rempit’, racism, vandalism, gangsters, bullies, and others, that’s the ‘good’ ones. No hard feelings okay? I am speaking the truth.

Not to forget, high school also taught me on how to be successful in academics. I learned many subjects. The subjects that i like most are biology, maths, add maths, chemistry, but it does not mean that i don’t like other subjects, huhu. So anyway, my teachers were always there, never get tired of us, teaching us with their whole heart. They never let us down. We learned new things everyday and it was getting harder yet better in same time, day by day. They loved us even though sometimes we were being a brat or rascal to them. And we definitely love our teachers too J Learning these subjects is not just for the sake of passing exams, but also to widen our knowledge. It is worth it being a student in high school.

More? High school sometimes can be sad for me (sometimes!). I mean, high school is not just about fun. It teaches us how to be sad somehow. For example, i was sad when i didn’t do well in my exam. Then, i was sad when there were so many home works to be done (no offence, teachers). I learned how to be sad, too, when someone broke my heart and betrayed, just because of that person wants to be popular. I was sad too when i felt the first heart-break because of someone i once loved before (just a memory). It was sad enough to see people can get what they want but i didn’t. But it does not mean that i was jealous of them. But i know, we have to stand back straight up, to be out of the sadness and to be a better person. And the most important thing is, we must have the guts to fail. Once we failed, it does not mean that we are failing for eternity. If we experience failure, then we will know what life really means.

I guess i will stop here. I am running out of ideas right now, haha. But, i will surely make a part 2, because there will be more words about high school once my head is recovered with ideas ;) thanks for reading my review :)

No comments:

My Babblings :)